We recently have been having a lot of vegetarian nights and this one was delicious. My husband thought it was better as an appetizer, but I thought it was really nice and colorful and the grilled cheese an amazing addition!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 4 oz. Grape Tomatoes
- 1/4 oz. Cilantro
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Thai Chili
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 4 oz. Grilling Cheese
- 4 tsp Olive Oil
Directions you need to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry your produce. Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel sweet potatoes, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Halve and peel onion, then cut into 1/2-inch wedges. Halve tomatoes lengthwise. Finely chop cilantro; place 1 TBSP in a large bowl and set aside. Mince garlic until you have 1 tsp. Halve lemon. Halve, pit, and peel avocado, then cut into small cubes. Mince chili, removing ribs and seeds first if you prefer less heat.
- Toss sweet potatoes and onion on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in oven until tender and browned, about 25 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining cilantro, cumin, a pinch of minced garlic, and a pinch of chili to taste. Stir in a squeeze of lemon and large drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and more garlic and chili as desired. ( Add more lemon and olive oil as needed to give mixture a loose, drizzling consistency)
- Take your grilling cheese and cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices. When sweet potatoes and onion are almost done, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat (use a non-stick pan if you have one). Add grilling cheese and cook until browned, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add tomatoes, sweet potatoes, onion, avocado, a squeeze of lemon, and a pinch of remaining chili to bowl with reserved cilantro. Toss to combine. Divide between plates, then top with grilling cheese. Drizzle with chimichurri and serve.