We made this vegetarian dinner tonight and I was waiting for my husband to fight me on it, but it was one of his favorite vegetarian dinners so far. Chickpeas are great if you want to go vegetarian for dinner, they fill you up and you don’t feel like you are missing anything! Of course adding cheese, is a great addition as well!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes Serves: 2 People
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 1 Zucchini
- 4 oz. Heirloom Grape Tomatoes
- 1/4 oz. Thyme
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 6.7 oz. Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3/4 cup Israeli Couscous
- 1 Veggie Stock Concentrate
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Directions you need to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry all produce. Adjust racks to middle and upper position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Trim zucchini, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Halve tomatoes. Strip thyme leaves from stems. Mince garlic. Halve lemon. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Toss zucchini, tomatoes, and half the thyme leaves on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven on middle rack until tender, about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- On another baking sheet, toss chickpeas, paprika, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in oven on upper rack until crisp, about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Heat 1 TBSP butter and garlic in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted and garlic is fragrant, add couscous and remaining thyme leaves. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until couscous is lightly toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir stock concentrate and 1 1/2 cups water into pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and reduce to a simmer. Cook until couscous is al dente, 10-12 minutes.
- Add half the veggies, half the feta cheese, and a squeeze of lemon to pot with couscous and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Divide couscous mixture between plates, then top with chickpeas and remaining veggies. Sprinkle with remaining veggies. Sprinkle with remaining feta cheese.