Now and then, I like a nice easy dinner that I can prep early in the day and will take minimal time and pans to cook. This one is a clear winner in that category and is delicious on top of it. I thawed the meat, trimmed the green beans, cut the potatoes, and then after prepping the rest I was able to make the meatloaves ahead of time. What does that mean? One pan in the oven and one pot for the potatoes…. SUPER AWESOME EASY CLEAN UP!!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 1 Shallot
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 oz. Rosemary
- 1 Slice of White Bread
- 1 Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 10 oz. Ground Beef
- 12 oz. Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 6 oz. Green Beans
- 2 tsp of Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP of Butter
Directions you need to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry all your produce. Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve and peel shallot, then mince until you have 1/4 cup. Mince garlic. Strip and finely chop enough rosemary leaves from stems to give you 1 tsp. Soak bread and stock concentrate and 3 TBSP milk in a medium bowl. Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Trim green beans, then toss in medium bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Break up soaked bread with hands until pasty. Add to bowl beef, minced shallot, half the chopped rosemary, half the garlic, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Shape into two 1-inch-tall loaves and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a medium pot with a large pinch of salt. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch, then bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are easily pierced by a knife, 8-10 minutes, then drain.
- Once the meatloaves have cooked for ten minutes, take them out of the oven. Add green beans to the same sheet and continue baking until green beans are tender and meatloaves are done, about 15 minutes.
- In pot used for potatoes, heat 1 TBSP butter, remaining chopped rosemary, and remaining garlic over low heat. Once garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds later, remove pot from heat, and add potatoes and remaining milk. Mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mashed potatoes between plates. Top with green beans and meatloaves and serve.