We love a good old taco Tuesday at Buckingham Cottage. This recipe does not disappoint. There a a nice sweetness to it from the pineapple and then a nice spice to it from taco seasoning and poblano pepper. It is a delicious combination that had me excited to replicate! Highly husband recommended!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients I need to cook this shit:
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/4 oz. of Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 4 oz. of Pineapple
- 4 TBSP Sour Cream
- 1 TBSP Taco Spice Blend
- 10 oz. of Ground Beef
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 2 tsp of Vegetable Oil
Directions to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry all your produce shit. Halve, peel and finely dice onion. Core and seed poblano, then cut into 1/2-inch squares. Core and seed tomatoes, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Roughly chop cilantro. Cut lime into wedges. Drain pineapple, reserving juice, roughly chop fruit.
- Toss together 2 TBSP onion, 1/4 cup poblano, tomatoes, pineapple, half the cilantro, and a squeeze of lime in a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix sour cream with a squeeze of lime. Season with salt and pepper, and more lime to taste.
- Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining onion and poblano. Season with salt, pepper, and half the taco spice. Cook, tossing, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add beef to pan, breaking up meat into pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and remaining taco spice. Cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes. (Carefully pour out any excess grease in pan if oily.) Stir in reserved pineapple juice and remove pan from heat.
- White beef cooks, wrap tortillas in a damp towel and microwave on high until warm, about 30 seconds.
- Divide beef mixture between tortillas. Spoon salsa and crema over. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.