We have made this dinner many times and I have to say its a nice staple dinner to have. The orzo with parsley and lemon is delicious! When you combine zucchini, tomatoes, panko and cheese you get a nice crispy addition as well. Its super easy and is filling, while also still feeling light.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 3 oz. Orzo Pasta
- 12 oz. Chicken Breast
- 4 oz. Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 oz. Parsley
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tsp Olive Oil
Directions you need to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry all your produce. Adjust rack to upper position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Cut tomato into 1/2 inch thick wedges. Cut Mozzarella into 1/2 inch thick cubes. Halve lemon. Roughly chop parsley.
- Toss zucchini and tomato with 1 TBSP olive oil and half the Italian seasoning on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast zucchini and tomato in oven until just shy of tender, about 10 minutes. Once water is boiling, add half the orzo from package to pot (use the rest as you like). Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Drain, then return to pot.
- With your hand on top of one of the chicken breast, cut 3/4 of the way through middle, parallel to cutting board, stopping before you slice through completely. Repeat with other chicken breast. Open each up and season all over with salt, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink in center, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Once veggies have roasted 10 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Heat broiler to high or increase oven temperature to 500 degrees. Sprinkle veggies with panko, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Broil (or bake) until panko is golden brown, cheese is melted, and veggies are tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add juice from one lemon half and half the parsley to pot with orzo and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide orzo between plates. Top with veggies and chicken. Drizzle with any chicken juices from plate and a squeeze of lemon. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.