Oh lemons, cheese and peas…. How I love thee. I thought this meal was nice, tasty and hellz yea- easy and SUPERFAST! I happen to love peas so I might be slightly biased on this, but I thought combination and the lemon zest made it filling but not heavy. I also loved the addition of zucchini, all the green vegetables made me feel like there was a nice healthy balance with the pancetta.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 1 Zucchini
- 9 oz. Cheese Tortelloni
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 4 oz. Pancetta
- 4 oz. Peas
- 4 TBSP Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Butter
Directions you need to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry all your produce. Preheat broiler to high. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Halve zucchini lengthwise, then slice crosswise into 1/3 inch thick half moons. Mince the garlic. Zest the lemon, then cut into wedges.
- Toss the zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini under broiler and broil until golden brown, about 10 minutes. (Not all ovens are the same, it is advised you check in now and then to make sure it doesn’t burn.) Meanwhile, once water in pot is boiling, add tortelloni Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4-5 minutes. Drain.
- After draining tortelloni, heat same pot over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook, tossing, until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Carefully pour out and discard any excess grease. Add garlic and peas. Cook, tossing, until garlic is fragrant and peas are warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, tortelloni, sour cream, and 1 TBSP butter to pot and toss to combine. Stir in a squeeze or two of lemon (to taste). Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide tortelloni mixture between bowls. Sprinkle with a pinch of lemon zest. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.