I have always wanted to try cauliflower rice, and it was actually really awesome! Keep in mind, as the recipe says, to do the cauliflower in batches and watch the consistency. This is a nice vegan meal that is gluten free, with spicy cucumbers to add flavor to the dish. It does contain nuts, but other than that it is a nice healthy dish that should please anyone with a hard palate to accommodate!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Tamari
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 TBSP Sambal
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 package extra firm organic Tofu
- 1 Mango
- 2 TBSP Coconut
- 2 TBSP Cashews
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1 2/3 TBSP Vegetable Oil
Directions you need to cook this shit:
- Thinly slice the cucumber on the diagonal and place in a medium bowl. Add the rice vinegar, tamari, sesame oil, and as much of the samba as you’d like and toss the cucumbers, ensuring they’re evenly coated. Set aside to marinate.
- Trim the cauliflower and chop into florets. Working in batches, pulse the florets in a food processor, until they reach an even, rice-like consistency (do not overcrowd or over-blend to avoid forming a paste). Drain the tofu, pat dry with a paper towel, and cut into 1 inch cubes. Peel the mango, carefully slicing the flesh off the seed, and then dice. Chop the cilantro until you have 1 TBSP.
- Place a large nonstick over medium-high heat with 2 tsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned in places, about 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and transfer the cauliflower rice to a large bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet clean and return to medium-high heat. Add the coconut and cashews and toast, shaking the pan occasionally, until fragrant and golden, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Wipe the skilled clean again, and return to a medium-high heat with 1 TBSP vegetable oil. In a medium bowl, toss the cubed tofu in the cornstarch, shaking off the excess. Once the oil is hot, add the tofu and reduce heat to medium after 1 minute. Cook until golden brown and crisp on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Season with salt.
- Stir the chopped cilantro and mango into the cauliflower rice and divide between large bowls. Top with the crispy tofu and spicy cucumbers. Sprinkle the dish with the toasted coconut and cashews.