Delicious and in less than 30 minutes! Bingo! I wasn’t sure what this was going to be like when I picked it one week, but I have to say it was light, tasty and perfect for dinner. The creamy apple salad and couscous paired very well with the pork chops and I can not wait to make it again!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 2 Scallions
- 1/4 oz Rosemary
- 1 Gala Apple
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 12 oz. Pork Cutlets
- 5 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 TBSP of Maple Syrup
- 1 Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 2 TBSP of Mayonnaise
- 2 oz. Spring Mix Lettuce
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP butter
Directions you need to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry all produce. Trim, then thinly slice scallions, keeping greens and whites separate. Pick and finely chop enough rosemary leaves from stems to give you 1 tsp. Halve, core and dice apple.
- Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and 1/2 tsp chopped rosemary. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, then immediately stir in couscous and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat pork dry with a paper towel. Season generously all over with salt and pepper. Melt 1 TBSP butter in a large pan over high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Reduce heat under pan to medium. Stir in remaining chopped rosemary, 1 TBSP vinegar (use the rest later), maple syrup, stock concentrate, and 1/4 cup water. Let simmer until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in 1 TBSP butter, then season with salt and pepper. Return pork to pan, tossing to coat in sauce, then remove pan from heat.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and remaining vinegar in a medium bowl. Add lettuce and apple. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fluff couscous with a fork, then divide between plates. Arrange pork on top of couscous and drizzle with any sauce in pan. Garnish with scallion greens. Serve with salad on the side.