When we started dabbling in occasional vegan meals, this one stood out to my husband so I am including it here on the website. He always fears when we have vegan meals that he would be hungry after we are done, as well as that it will taste bad, and this meal did not disappoint. The chickpeas made it very filling and of course adding yummy vegetables made me feel like I was serving a nice healthy balanced meal as well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 3/4 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- Fresh Ginger
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1 TBSP Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 2 cans Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Golden Raisins
- 4 oz. Green Beans
- 1 1/3 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Directions on how to cook this shit:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine the basmati rice, 1 1/4 cup water, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until all of the water is absorbed and the grains are tender, about 13 to 15 minutes.
- Pell and dice the onion. Mince the garlic. Peel and mince the ginger until you have 1 tsp. Deseed and slice the red bell pepper. Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Trim the green beans.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 TBSP vegetable oil. Add the onions and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the red bell pepper, coriander, curry powder, garam masala, and cashews and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the garbanzo beans, coconut milk, and golden raisins and stir well to combine. Bring the chickpea cashew korma to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the green beans to a baking sheet. Toss with 1 tsp vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast until bright green and tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Divide the basmati rice between bowls and top with chickpea cashew korma and roasted green beans.