Oh one pan dinners, how I love thee! This was an easy prep and delicious meal. Simple good flavors, making a simple nice Italian-ish dish. The panko and parmesan topping give it a nice crust as well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 5 oz. of Baby Spinach
- 1 Lemon
- 4 oz. Grape Tomatoes
- 1/4 oz. Parsley
- 6 oz. Italian Chicken Sausage
- 2/3 cup of Orzo Pasta
- 1 Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 1/4 cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp of Olive Oil
Directions you need to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry your produce. Mince garlic. Finely chop spinach until you have 1 cup of very packed spinach. Halve lemon, then cut one half into wedges. Halve tomatoes. Pick parsley leaves from stems and finely chop; discard stems. Remove sausage links from casings. Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large, tall-sided pan (OVENPROOF IF POSSIBLE) over medium-high heat. Add sausage, breaking up meat into pieces. Cook until just browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and garlic to pan with sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes start to wilt, 2-3 minutes. Add orzo and Italian Seasoning. Cook, stirring, until orzo is coated in juices, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 cups water, stock concentrate, and a pinch of salt to same pan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until orzo is almost al dente, 7-9 minutes. Stir in chopped spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes more. (If mixture looks dry add 1/4 cup at a time until loose).
- Stir mozzarella and a squeeze of lemon into pan. Season with salt, pepper and a little more lemon. If pan is not ovenproof then transfer now to a baking dish. Sprinkle panko and parmesan over top of orzotto. Broil until panko is golden brown, 1-3 minutes.
- Dived orzotto between plates. Sprinkle parsley over top. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.