Whenever a meal CLAIMS it is under 30 minutes I am highly suspicious but also incredibly interested. This recipe does not disappoint and I have to also say that I am really impressed with the fact that there is no oven needed and a small amount of pots as well. Clean up was just as easy as cooking itself! Extra bonus! I can definitely see myself making this dish many times especially in the summer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 12 oz. Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 oz. Chives
- 1 Thai Chili
- 4 oz. Gemelli Pasta
- 6 oz. Green Beans
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese
- 1 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 oz. Barbecue Sauce
- 5 tsp of White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp of Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP of Butter
Directions you need to cook this shit:
- Wash and prep your produce. Place chicken on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Pound out the chicken with a mallet, rolling pin (what I used) or heavy bottomed pan until 1/2 inch thick. Finely mince chives until you have 1 TBSP. Mince chili (I removed the seeds). Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook until no longer pink in the center, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove pan from heat.
- Once water is boiling, add gemelli to pot and cook, stirring occasionally. After about 5 minutes, add green beans to same pot and continue cooking until tender, about 4 minutes more.
- Once green beans are tender, remove from pot with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper-towel-lined plate to dry. Season with salt and pepper. Drain gemelli, then return to empty pot off heat.
- Add cheddar, 1 TBSP water, 1 TBSP butter, cream cheese, minced chives, and a pinch of chili to pot with gemelli. Stir until a thick and creamy sauce forms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add barbecue sauce, vinegar, and as much chili as you like to pan with chicken. Return to stove over low heat and toss until chicken is coated in a sticky sauce. Divide between plates and serve with mac ‘n’ cheese and green beans on the side.