The hubby is always craving Fajitas, and this I have to say was not only easy to make but delicious and now has me craving them too. There is a decent amount of chopping in the beginning, but once that is over it’s very fun to put everything out and have people make their own. If you don’t like microwaves, then you can always heat up the tortillas in the oven I would just suggest putting them in for a VERY small amount of time.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 1 Red Onion
- 4 oz. Heirloom Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Lime
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1/4 oz. Cilantro
- 12 oz. Pork Chops
- 1 TBSP Southwest Spice Blend (if you can’t find any, go to GeniusKitchen.com or any other site that has chili powder, garlic and cumin etc. in the recipe)
- 6 Flour Tortilla
- 4 TBSP Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tsp of Olive Oil
Directions you need to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry your produce. Halve and peel onion. Thinly slice one half. Finely dice other half until you have 2 TBSP diced onion. Quarter tomatoes. Zest lime until you have 1/2 tsp zest, then cut into halves. Core and seed bell pepper, then thinly slice. Chop cilantro.
- In a small bowl, toss together diced onion, tomatoes, lime zest, a squeeze of lime juice, and half the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside until meal is ready.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and bell pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until softened and bell pepper is slightly blistered, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- While veggies cook, slice pork against the grain into thin strips. Season with salt and pepper. When veggies are done, remove from pan and set aside. Heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add as much pork as will fit without overcrowding (if you need to do a couple of batches that is fine). Cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and nearly cooked through, 2-4 minutes.
- Return veggies and all pork to pan, then toss in Southwest spice and a squeeze of lime juice. Cook, tossing, until pork is no longer pink in center, 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave on high until warm, about 30 seconds.
- When everything is ready, set up a station for the fajitas. Place salsa, filling, tortillas, sour cream, cheddar, and remaining cilantro in individual plates or bowls. Assemble your fajita!