I remember the first time I made meatloaf and I was so terrified as to whether they would hold or completely fall apart. These meatloaves were one of the first I made from HelloFresh and not only did it hold well together but the balsamic ketchup you put on top is delicious. Round it out with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans and it is a favorite that I will definitely make over and over again!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1/4 oz. of Parsley
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1 TBSP of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Ketchup
- 1/4 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 10 oz. Ground Beef
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 6 oz. Green Beans
- 1/2 oz. Honey
- 1 oz. of Sliced Almonds
- 2 tsp of Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP of Butter
Directions you need to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry all your shit. Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mince garlic. Chop parsley. Halve and peel onion. Using the large holes of a grater, grate one onion half into a large bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix vinegar and ketchup.
- Add garlic, parsley, panko, beef, and 1/2 tsp salt to bowl with onion. Season with pepper, then mix with hands to combine. Shape into two 1-inch-tall loaves and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush with ketchup mixture. Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel sweet potatoes, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a medium pot with a pinch of salt and enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- After meatloaves have baked 10 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Toss green beans on same sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Return to oven and roast until meatloaves are cooked through and green beans are tender and lightly crisped, about 15 minutes more.
- Drain sweet potatoes and return to pot. Mash in pot with a potato masher or fork until mostly smooth. Add 1 TBSP butter and honey. Continue mashing to melt butter and combine. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- When meatloaves and green beans are done, sprinkle almonds over green beans and toss to combine. Divide meatloaves between plates and serve with sweet potato mash and green beans on the side.