During the Holidays, I am always looking for fun and colorful cookies in red and green. Red Velvet Cookies were something I thought to look up, and when I came across this recipe I had to try it. When we handed out our bags of cookies to friends and family, this also ended up being a lot of people’s favorite as well!
Prep Time: 2 hours or overnight Cooking Time: 17 minutes Serves: 24- 30 cookies
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 1 (8 oz) brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 (18 oz) box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Confectioners’ Sugar, for rolling and dusting
Directions for how to cook this shit:
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in the egg. Beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the cake mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls. I’ve chilled batter overnight and it comes out fine.
- After batter has chilled and you’re ready to make the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner’s sugar.
- Place balls on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies should remain soft and gooey.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners’ sugar, if desired.