These meal not only looks great plated but the addition of truffle risotto made it one of my more favorite dishes very easily. It definitely is not a quick meal but if you have the time, I definitely think its well worth it to indulge now and then!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 1 hour Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 2 Chicken Stock Concentrates
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Shallot
- 4 oz. Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Arborio Rice
- 12 oz. Chicken Breasts
- 2 oz. Prosciutto
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 oz. Chives
- 2 TBSP Garlic Herb Butter
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 TBSP of Truffle Oil
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
Directions on how to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry all your stuff. Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring 4 cups water and stock concentrates to a boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, reduce heat to low. Meanwhile, slice garlic as thinly as possible. Halve, peel, and mince shallot. Trim mushrooms, then cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic. Cook, tossing, until softened, 1-2 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, until translucent, 1-2 minutes. Add stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition. Allow rice to absorb most of the stock before adding more. Continue until al dente and creamy, 30-35 minutes.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Lay 2 slices of prosciutto beside each other on a flat surface. Tightly roll prosciutto around chicken. Repeat with another 2 slices of prosciutto and other chicken breast.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in another large pan over medium-high heat (ovenproof if you have it). Add wrapped chicken to pan and sear until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer pan to oven and roast until no longer pink in center, about 15 minutes. Let rest a few minutes, then slice crosswise. ( If pan isn’t ovenproof, transfer chicken to a small baking dish before putting it in the oven.)
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until tender, 4-7 minutes. Cut lemon into wedges. Mince chives. Once mushrooms are done, stir into risotto along with herb butter, half the Parmesan, half the chives, a squeeze of lemon, and any juices released by chicken. Season with salt, pepper and more lemon.
- Divide risotto between plates and sprinkle with remaining parmesan and chives. Top with chicken. Drizzle with truffle oil (to taste). Serve with any remaining lemon on the side.