When cooking appetizers for a party, I am always looking for a couple of dairy free, gluten free and vegan options for those who have allergies and other preferences. Hummus is definitely one of the best ways to get all of those things in the same place and having it be homemade allows you to adjust salt levels etc., which I like as well.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes Serving: 2 cups
Ingredients you need to make this shit:
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, liquid reserved and set aside
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 Cup tahini
- 7-8 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp reserved chickpea liquid (or water)
- 4-8 drops of Tabasco sauce (amazing), to taste
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Paprika, for garnish
Directions on to make this shit:
- Place all ingredients into a food processor (except the salt) and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Now add in salt gradually, stopping to taste as you go. I find the salt preference of hummus varies a lot by the person, so be sure to adjust it to your needs. Also, if you use unsalted chickpeas, you may need more salt.
- Scoop into a bowl and drizzle with a good quality olive oil and garnish with paprika.