Yup. This is some seriously good shit. I have always wanted to cook Bangers and Mash and this recipe did not disappoint. It will definitely be making it into our regular rotation from here on out!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 12 oz. White Potatoes
- 1 Zucchini
- 9 oz. Sweet Italian Pork Sausage
- 4 oz. Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Chicken Demi-Glace packet
- 1/4 oz. Thyme
- 2 Scallions
- 2 TBSP of Butter
- 3 tsp of Olive Oil
Directions on how to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry all your produce shiz. Adjust broiler rack so that it is 3-4 inches from flame and preheat broiler to high (or 500 degrees). Place potatoes in a medium pot with a pinch of salt and enough water to cover by 1 inch. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Cook until easily pierced by a knife, about 12 minutes, then drain.
- Cut zucchini in in half crosswise, then cut each half lengthwise into four pieces (for a total of eight thick pieces). Trim and thinly slice scallions, keeping greens and whites separate. Cut sausages in half diagonally into wedge-shaped pieces.
- Toss zucchini on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange sausages on other half of the sheet. Broil the zucchini and sausages until browned on top, about 10 minutes. Once browned, flip zucchini, then add tomatoes to sheet. Return sheet to broiler and continue broiling until sausages are cooked through, zucchini is tender, and tomatoes are starting to burst, 2-3 minutes.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, stir together 1/4 cup water and demi glace (if you are against a microwave then do this on a stove top in another pan). Add thyme sprigs. Microwave on high until warmed through, about 1 minute. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- After draining potatoes, return empty pot to stove over low heat. Add 2 TBSP butter and scallion whites. Toss until butter melts and scallion whites are slightly softened, about 1 minute. Add potatoes to pot, then mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide potatoes between plates, then top with veggies and sausages. Remove thyme sprigs from gravy, then drizzle gravy over everything. Sprinkle with scallion greens.