A delicious pork chili recipe with poblano pepper. Looks and tastes really amazing and conveniently made with only one pan. Always a hit in the winter for any occasion.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Cooking Time: 35 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 2 Scallions
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 Box of Kidney Beans
- 10 oz. Ground Pork
- 1 TBSP of Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 1 Box of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese
- 4 TBSP of Sour Cream
- 2 tsp of Olive Oil
Directions to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry all produce. Thinly slice scallions, keeping greens and whites separate. Mince or grate garlic. Core and seed poblano, then cut into 1/2 inch squares. Drain and rinse kidney beans.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and Mexican spice, breaking up meat into pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisped at the edges and no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a drizzle of oil, scallion whites, poblano, and garlic to same pan. Cook, tossing, until lightly browned, and softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir stock concentrate, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, and 1/2 cup water into pan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and reduce to a simmer. Let bubble until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return pork and any drippings to pan, stirring to combine. Simmer until saucy and very thick, about 5 minutes longer.
- Divide chili between bowls. Sprinkle with cheddar and dollop with sour cream. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.