There are many different variations of Meatloaf, some with ketchup..some without, some with sun dried tomatoes…etc, and this is one of my favorites. The only thing I would do differently, which I will note, is to make the Gravy later than when you were told to start it. I followed the steps given and found that once the gravy was done there were still 7 minutes left for the meatloaf to cook and that resulted in the gravy getting clumpy. Also make sure to not add too much olive oil on your vegetables, it can get pretty oily quick if you do.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Serves: 2 people
How to cook this shit:
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 Shallot
- 1/4 oz. Thyme
- 8 oz. Baby Carrots
- 1 Russet Potato
- 1/4 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 10 oz. Ground Beef
- 1 TBSP of Ketchup
- 1 TBSP of Flour
- 1 Beef Stock Concentrate
- 1/2 TBSP of butter
- 2 tsp of Olive Oil
Directions of how to cook this shit:
- Wash and dry all your shit. Mince or grate garlic. Halve and peel shallot. Grate one half with a box grater into a medium bowl; mince other half. Strip thyme leaves from stems and roughly chop; discard stems. Halve carrots lengthwise. Peel potato, then cut into long, thin sticks (like French Fries).
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Add panko, ground beef, half the thyme, garlic, and few dashes of salt and pepper to bowl with grated shallot. Gently combine with hands, then form mixture into two 1-inch-tall loaves.
- Toss carrots with a drizzle of olive oil and spread on one side of a baking sheet. Toss potato with a drizzle of olive oil and spread on other side. Season both with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for seven minutes.
- After veggies have roasted for 7-8 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Give veggies a toss. Place meatloaves on same sheet, and then brush tops of loaves with 1 TBSP ketchup. Return sheet to oven and continue roasting until meatloaves are cooked through, 15-18 minutes more.
- AFTER EIGHT MINUTES HAVE PASSED….Melt 1/2 TBSP butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add minced shallot and remaining thyme. Cook, tossing, until softened, 3-4 minutes. Sprikle flour into pan, stirring vigorously to combine. Whisk in stock concentrate and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer and let bubble until thick and saucy, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice meatloaves crosswise and divide between plates. Add veggies to the side. Spoon gravy over meatloaves and serve.