My sister made the most amazing Cranberry Sauce one time in Hawaii for Thanksgiving and the following year at a friends Thanksgiving, I promised to try and copy it. After searching the web and doing many variations of the recipe, this is as close as I can come to recreating it. It does almost taste like a dessert, but I get soo excited for leftovers after Thanksgiving and I end up eating it with everything! Keep in mind this needs to get started the night before Thanksgiving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Cooking Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 1 day Servings: 16
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 2 (6 oz) packages of cranberry Jell-O gelatin (you can also use cherry or raspberry)
- 1 (16 oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz) container
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 2 cups of crushed walnuts (optional)
Directions to cook this shit:
- Boil one cup of water in a small pan. Dissolve one Jell-O package in the pan, and stir in half the can of pineapple, the whole can of cranberry sauce, and 1 cup of walnuts if desired.
- Spread contents of small pan in bottom of 9 x 13 glass dish and chill until partially set. ( I like to do this the night before Thanksgiving and then finish the second half in the morning of)
- Once the first part is set, take the sour cream and spread a layer all over the top of the dish. (some recipes also use an 8 oz package of cream cheese too with the sour cream layer)
- Boil another cup of water, and dissolve the second Jell-O package. Add in the second half of the crushed pineapple, and walnuts if desired.
- Pour this layer on top of the sour cream layer, cover and let set.