These are my go-to mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. They have a lot of garlic in them, so the house smells amazing. I found them while searching the Internet for amazing mashed potatoes to impress my family and they definitely delivered!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes Serves: 10-12
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 TBSP Kosher salt
- 16 fluid oz (2 cups) Half and Half
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 oz. grated Parmesan
How to cook this shit:
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure they are close to around the same size and crush the garlic. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, add the salt, add water until the potatoes have an inch of water above them.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the half and half and the garlic over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from heat and drain the water. Mash the potatoes and add the garlic-cream mixture and Parmesan, stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes, so that the mixture thickens and then serve.