This amazing recipe was my first try at stuffing and it (in my opinion) TAKES FREAKING FOREVER, but it is really worth it in the end. It takes a lot of chopping, and making cornbread and then TOASTING THE CORNBREAD and forever to cook, but WOW is it the best for Thanksgiving and leftovers.
Prep Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Serves: 6-8 servings
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 pound diced smoked ham
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBSP freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 TBSP freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 cups cubed and toasted cornbread
Directions on how to cook this shit:
- Make cornbread if not purchased, and then cube and place on a tray until slightly toasted.
- Wash and prep this shit. Dice and chop the yellow onions, celery, garlic and red pepper. Cut off the corn kernels, and dice the smoked ham if it didn’t come diced. Chop the herbs.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter and sweet vegetables until tender.
- Add ham and cook over low heat for 2 more minutes. Set aside to slightly cool.
- Whisk together eggs, stock, cream and herbs with salt and pepper.
- Combine all items, including cornbread into a 4-quart lasagna pan and cook covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for additional 20 minutes or until crusty.