We have not used a slow cooker for this recipe, so I can’t say it’s a simple throw and go, but it is incredibly delicious. We have received it multiple times and always choose it when we can. We personally like adding a little more sour cream as well!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 2 Scallions
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 Box of Borlotti Beans
- 10 oz Ground Beef
- 1 TBSP of Mexican Spice Blend (Chili Powder and Oregano)
- 1 Veggie Stock concentrate
- 1 Box of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese
- 4 TBSP of Sour Cream
- 1tsp Olive Oil
How to cook this shit:
- Prep and wash this shit. Trim, then thinly slice scallions, keeping greens and whites separate. Mince garlic. Core and seed poblano, then cut into 1/2 inch squares. Drain and rinse beans.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add beef, breaking it up into pieces. Cook, tossing occasionally, until browned at the edges and no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Remove pan from heat and carefully pour out and discard any excess grease left by beef. Return to medium-high heat and add scallion whites, poblano, and garlic. Cook, tossing, until lightly browned and softened, 5-6 minutes.
- Add Mexican spice to pan and toss to coat veggies. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add stock concentrate, beans, tomatoes, beef and 1 cup water to pan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer until thick and stew-like, about 10 minutes (longer for more flavor). Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide chili between bowls. Sprinkle with cheddar and scallion greens. Dollop with sour cream and serve.