This is a fairly simple and common recipe, but I had to include it as it is one of my favorites. Not a lot of prep time, and nice and colorful it has become a good staple in our house. The cheese on top is something that my husband likes, but I am happy that I am managing to get him to eat some baby broccoli!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Serves: 2 people
Ingredients you need to cook this shit:
- 6 oz of Baby Broccoli
- 9 oz of Italian Chicken Sausage
- 6 oz of Orecchiette
- 1 tsp of chili flakes
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 oz of Pesto
Directions to cook this shit:
- Wash and prep this shit. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Trim and discard bottom inch of baby broccoli, then cut stalks and florets into 1-inch pieces. Remove sausage from casings.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add baby broccoli and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes, tossing occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat another drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage and break up into pieces. Cook until browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Add a pinch of chili flakes (if desired), and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add pasta, baby broccoli, half the Parmesan cheese, reserved pasta water, and pesto to pan.
- Toss until the pasta is covered in a saucy coating, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 723 cal, Fat: 6 g, Protein: 43 g, Carbs: 77 g, Sugar: 5 g, Sodium: 919 mg, Fiber: 6 g