Prep Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
This amazing apple pie recipe, was my second attempt at cooking an apple pie for dinner and by far the easier recipe, and truly delicious. The original recipe was found on MyRecipes, and I stand by it.
Ingredients needed to cook this shit:
- 1 pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 3 TBSP of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith Apples
How to cook this shit:
- Prep this shit. Peel, core and slice the apples. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust (which is not bad for newbies I promise). Then pinch the sides.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar (sometimes I add cinnamon at this point if I have any on hand), and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly to make sure it doesn’t run over the sides.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft. Take out pie and stare at you’d damn deliciousness.